How about Tofus Cooked in an authentic Kerala masal curry? A fusion!
New try at Jinooskitchen this week which worked out. Definitely I post only the ones which are tried and tested ? My husband is a big time Foodie and keeps encouraging me to try out new recipes. Sometimes the experiments turns awesome that he calls me right away after his meal.
I always find the thai curries with tofu pretty popular and i wanted to cook it with the malabar flavour in it. Tofus and coconut are great combination and the fresh methi leaves would enhance the taste of curry and take it a step forward to blend the tofus with masal curry.
Tofu Masal Curry
- 1 Pkt Tofu - Diced
- 1 Cup Shallots - Sliced
- 2 Nos Tomato - Chopped finely
- 1 Inch Ginger - Finely chopped
- 1 Tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 Cup Grated coconut
- 2 Tsp corriander powder
- 2 Tsp chilli powder
- Dice Tofu and saute them in an non stick pan with little oil until it turns brown on all sides
- Grind all the ingredients given under to grind section
- Heat oil, splutter mustard seeds, saute chopped shallots and ginger until shallots turn brown
- Now add chopped tomatoes and saute until it turns mushy
- Add the ground masala, turmeric powder, salt ans mix well
- Add little water, finely chopped fresh methi leaves and give it a boil. Finally add tofu pieces and again let it boil for a minute or two.
- Serve with roti or rice