Mushroom sevai recipe | Masala kalan sevai recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. A simple recipe made with cooked rice hoppers/ crumbled idiyappam/sevai and mushroom masala.
When I posted the sevai varieties post on my blog, I had this mushroom sevai also in mind to be shot. We make this at least 2-3 times a month. everybody loves at my home for breakfast/dinner along with coconut chutney.
Did you know that mushrooms are a great source to improve digestion, boosting immunity, helps weight loss, fights cancer? I make sure I pick up a packet every time I visit the market.
List of sevai recipes on my blog that you can have a look at:
Mushroom sevai video recipe
Mushroom masala sevai recipe
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/8 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic crushed
- 1 no green chilli slit
- 1/2 medium tomato chopped
- 200 gms mushrooms sliced
- salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/8 tsp cumin powder
- 1/8 tsp garam masala
- 3 cups cooked sevai
- few coriander leaves chopped
- heat oil and crackle mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add curry leaves, chopped onions and fry till transparent.
- Further, add crushed ginger garlic and fry till raw smell leaves.
- At this stage, add green chilli, chopped tomatoes and fry till mushy.
- When the tomatoes are cooked and mushy, add in mushrooms, salt, turmeric powder.
- Fry the mushrooms until they shrink and is half cooked.
- spice powders are added along (coriander powder, chilli powder, cumin powder and garam masala)
- Mix well and cook the masala well. Sprinkle little water and cook again in simmer until the mushrooms are well blended with the spice powders.
- when the mushroom masala is dry and cooked, time to add the cooked sevai.
- add the sevai little at a time and mix well.
- lastly, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- serve hot with coconut chutney.
Masala kalan sevai recipe
1. Firstly, cook the sevai and keep it ready. Now, Heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
2. When they crackle, add in chopped onions and fry till transparent. Further, add crushed ginger garlic.
3. Fry the onion mix until the raw smell of ginger garlic leaves. Finely chop tomatoes and add them into the pan.
4. Fry until the tomatoes are mushy and cooked. Furthermore, add sliced mushrooms.
5. Along with the sliced mushrooms, add salt and turmeric powder.
6. Fry until the mushrooms shrink and it will be half cooked by then. At this stage, add coriander powder.
7. Chilli powder and roasted cumin powder is also added to it.
8. Lastly, add garam masala and mix everything together. Fry for a minute or two until it gets well combined with the mushrooms.
9. Sprinkle little water and cook until all the water is absorbed and mushroom becomes soft and completely cooked.
10. When the mushrooms are cooked, add in the cooked sevai little at a time and start mixing it with the mushroom masala.
11. Mix in the remaining sevai/ rice hoppers and mix well until the masala is evenly mixed with the sevai and is lump free.
12. Lastly, add some chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
serve it hot with coconut chutney.