Raw Mango Rice |Mango rice recipe
How to make Raw Mango Rice |Mango rice recipe with step by step pics and video recipe. Simple, quick and easy variety rice recipe.
This Green mango rice is the seasonal dish that is very usual and commonly made during the summer season when the mango is found in abundance. The green mango rice thokku or the manga thokku is made in bulk and stored for at least a month or two and mixed with rice as and when needed.
Some of the raw mango recipes:
Quick and easy mango rice recipe
mango rice recipe
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/8 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1 tsp split urad dal
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 no red chilli broken
- 2 tbsp peanuts
- 1 medium raw mango grated
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1.5-2 cups cooked rice
- heat sesame oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, chana dal, split urad dal, curry leaves and red chilli.
- together add peanuts and fry for a minute.
- At this stage, add grated raw mango , turmeric powder and salt. Fry until it shrinks a little.
- Lastly add cooked rice at room temperature and fluff it up with fork gently.
- serve fresh with pickle/fryums
How to make green mango rice – recipe with step by step pics
1.Heat sesame oil and crackle mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, chana dal, urad dal, curry leaves and red chilies.
2. Further add peanuts and fry for half a minute.
3. Grate the raw mango and put them to pan along with turmeric powder.
4. saute quickly until it shrinks a little and add salt. Mix again once.
5. Cook and cool the rice before hand. Drop the rice to the pan and mix gently with a fork without breaking the rice.
super delicious Mango rice is ready to be served.