Cauliflower curry recipe | how to make cauliflower curry for rice | Gobi curry recipe
Cauliflower curry recipe | how to make cauliflower curry for rice | Gobi curry recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. cauliflower and potato curry is Kerala style recipe which can be had with idli/dosa and also rice. check out these collection of south indian veg curry recipes for rice.
This is very simple recipe with cauliflower and potato with coconut flavor in it. few recipes saute and grind onion along with coconut. But this is my own version of kerala masal curry and simple one that suits dosa, idli and rice.
check out some of the cauliflower recipe here: cauliflower peas sti fry, spicy cauliflower stir fry, cauliflower 65/ gobi 65, cauliflower kheema/gobi kheema,hotel style veg kurma,etc.,
Pin for later:
how to make cauliflower curry| cauliflower curry recipe quick video:
how to make cauliflower curry with step by step pictorial:
- Firstly, Heat oil in a cooker, fry chopped small onions, finely chopped ginger, finely chopped green chilli until onions are slightly brown
- When onions are fried, add chopped tomatoes and saute till mushy.
- Wash and add cauliflower florets, chopped potatoes to the cooker.
- Grind together coconut, coriander powder, chilli powder and sambar powder
- grind to a fine paste with little water and add it to the cooker.
- add water required, salt and turmeric powder
- mix well and let it come to a boil
- Close and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles. open when the pressure settles and mash it slightly with ladle.
- for tempering: heat oil, crackle mustard seeds and cumin seeds and add chopped onions and curry leaves. little salt for the onions and fry till it gets brown .
- Add the tempering to the curry and mix well. serve hot with rice/chapathi/tiffin
Cauliflower curry recipe card
cauliflower curry recipe
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup shallots finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp green chilli finely chopped
- 1 large tomato finely chopped
- 1.5 cups cauliflower florets
- 0.5 cup potato cubed
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 0.25 cup coconut
- 1.5 tsp coriander powder
- 3/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1.5 tsp sambar powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 spring curry leaves
- 6-7 no small onions finely chopped
- salt for frying
- heat coconut oil in a cooker, fry chopped sahllots, ginger and green chilli until shallots turn brown.
- further add tomatoes and fry till mushy
- grind together coconut, coriander powder, chilli powder and sambar powder and add it to the cooker along with cauliflower and potatoes.
- Add water, salt and turmeric powder, close and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.
- open and mash it slightly
- for tempering, heat oil and crackle mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and onions chopped. add salt for the onions to fry and fry till brown
- add the tempering to the curry
- mix well and serve