Peanut chutney | Groundnut Chutney recipe | Verkadalai chutney
Peanut chutney | Groundnut Chutney recipe | Verkadalai chutney with step by step photos and video recipe. Peanut chutney can be prepared in few minutes and it is very tasty. this recipe is without coconut and garlic. adding coconut is optional and can be added directly for grinding if preferred. Suits Idli/Dosa and paniyaram.
This is also known as shenga chutney or palli chutney. Best substitute when you do not have coconut at home for making chutneys. excellent flavor and most preferred one next to coconut chutney at out home. There is one more variation where we add coconut along with this and another version where garlic is added – Peanut garlic chutney.
Before I move on to the recipe, here are some of the interesting chutney recipes that you might be interested in: roasted garlic onion chutney, brinjal chutney, Onion coriander chutney, kerala coconut chutney, corinader coconut chutney, Green chilli chutney, tomato chutney. onion coriander chutney, carrot oats chutney, ridge gourd chutney, cabbage flaxseed chutney, peanut sesame chutney, onion tamarind chutney, coriander coconut chutney, etc.,
Pin for later:
Peanut chutney recipe quick video:
Peanut/ Groundnut Chutney recipe with step by step pictures
- Heat oil in a pan, fry curry leaves, garlic cloves and red chilli until curry leaves turn crisp.
- When the curry leaves turn crisp, add peanuts (skin removed) and fry until slightly brown. if you brown a lot, it will taste bitter. If you have only peanuts with skin, then saute it separately until hot and toss and blow to remove the skin. adding skin in chutney will make the chutney taste bitter.
- switch off and add tamarind and salt to taste. mix well and let it cool. once cool, grind it along with little water to fine paste. tempering is not actually required. If you wish, temper it with mustard seeds and urad dal.
Groundnut Chutney recipe | Verkadalai chutney recipe card:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 4-5 dry red chillies
- 1/2 cup peanuts skin removed
- 1/2 inch tamarind
- salt to taste
- heat oil and fry curry leaves, garlic, red chillies, peanuts until peanuts turn slightly roasted
- add tamarind and salt to taste. switch off. once cool, grind it with little water to fine paste.
- serve fresh with dosa/idli.