Onion Coriander chutney recipe without Garlic | Vengaya kothamalli chutney
Onion Coriander chutney recipe without Garlic | Vengaya kothamalli chutney with step by step pictorial and video recipe. simple, easy and quick chutney recipe with onion and coriander leaves. fresh coriander leaves is used here for best taste.
Small onions can also be used instead of big onions. Big onions can give a sweet taste, so if you use big onions, add more chilies to equalize it. garlic can be used in this recipe which gives entirely different flavor and here is the recipe of onion coriander chutney with garlic.
There are few other onion chutneys like onion tamarind chutney, onion tomato chilli chutney, red coconut onion chutney, coriander powder onion chutney, Green chilly onion chutney.
Onion Coriander chutney recipe without Garlic | Vengaya kothamalli chutney video recipe:
Onion Coriander chutney recipe without Garlic step wise pictorial:
- Heat oil in a pan, crackle urad dal, chana dal and add red chilli to the pan. together add peppercorns and fry until it gets reddish.
- when the dal starts turning reddish, add chopped onions and saute for a minute. Sprinkle little water, close and cook until it gets transparent and cooked.
- furthermore, add chopped coriander leaves, fry until it shrinks.
- switch off, add tamarind and salt to taste. mix well
- cool and grind it to fine consistency.
- For seasoning: heat oil, crackle mustard seeds and urad dal. when it pops, add curry leaves and when it turns crispy, add the seasoning to the chutney.
Onion Coriander chutney recipe card:
Onion coriander chutney recipe
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp urad dal split
- 1 tsp chana dal split
- 8-9 dry red chillies
- 1/8 tsp peppercorns
- 3 medium onions roughly chopepd
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 tsp tamarind
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp urad dal
- 1 spring curry leaves
- heat oil in a pan and crackle urad dal plit, chana dal, red chillies and peppercorns.
- when the dal starts turning red, add onions and fry for half a minute
- close and cook for a minute or two until it is transparent
- add coriander leaves to this and fry until it shrinks
- switch off and add tamarind and salt.
- take it in a blender and grind to smooth paste
- for tempering: heat oil, crackle mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves. let it turn crispy, add the tempering to chutney