Tawa paneer masala recipe | Paneer Tava Masala with step by step pictorial and video recipe. This is a simple, quick , easy to make delicious paneer curry made in dosa tawa/tava as a street food. This can be ready in less then 20 minutes and is best option for quick curry for lunchbox using paneer.
We have seen many street food vendors making curry in kothu style meaning chopping the curry with ladle so that it gets blended well. the same technique is used in here to fry and make the curry thats when it takes a difference between normal paneer masala and tawa paneer masala.
This is a semi dry curry which can be had with roti as well as with rice. To make it thin or to any desired consistency, add warm water and mix well. paneer roast recipe, paneer tikka on tawa, paneer lababdar curry, paneer burji with methi leaves, paneer butter masala, paneer korma, shahi anjeer paneer, paneer pulao, creamy paneer masala, paneer tikki pasanda, etc., are some of the paneer recipes which you might be interested in.
Tawa paneer masala recipe video:
Tawa paneer masala recipe | Paneer Tava Masala pictorial directions:
- Take an tawa preferably iron tawa and heat oil in it. Add little bit of butter along with it. when it melts, crackle cumin seeds.
- when it crackles, add chopped onions to the tawa. add salt to the onions for frying.
- fry until it gets brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes off.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes, and mix well till mushy
- sprinkle little water, close and cook for 5 minutes. You can also leave it open but to make the process faster, I have closed and cooked.
- Open and add the masalas (turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder). saute well until well combined.
- Add paneer cubes, finely coriander leaves and mix well. use flat steel ladle/dosa ladle to mix and fry it. the onion tomato masala will get mashed by doing so.
- Add little water, mix, close and cook again for 2 minutes in medium flame.
- Open and let the water dry to the consistency required.
Tawa paneer masala recipe | Paneer Tava Masala recipe card:
paneer tawa masala recipe
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 medium onion - finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 large tomato - finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/8 tsp garam masala
- 3/4 cup paneer cubes
- 1 tsp coriander leaves
- heat oil+butter in dosa tawa, crackle cumin seeds
- saute finely chopped onions with little salt until brown
- add ginger garlic paste to ti and fry until raw smell goes off
- finely chop the tomatoes and add to the tawa and fry in a chopping motion
- add little water, close and cook until mushy
- open, add turmeric pwoder, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt.
- mix well and add fry until flavours are combined.
- add chopped paneer cubes, chopped coriander leaves, mix well, close and cook with little water
- after 1-2 minutes, open and mix well again.