Kerala coconut chutney recipe | Red coconut chutney recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. coconut chutney being one of the staple dish of south India is made in many different ways.
This recipe of coconut chutney Kerala style one in particular is a red chilli onion ginger coconut chutney. simple and flavorful chutney that can be had with idli/dosa/appam/sevai and with most of the south Indian style breakfast dishes.
quick video of Kerala coconut chutney recipe:
Kerala coconut chutney recipe with step by step pictorial description:
- take all the necessary ingredients: coconut, red chilli, shallots, ginger and fried gram
2. take it in a blender and add salt required
3. blend it coarsely without adding water first
4. open and add water again. very little to grind it smooth.
5. grind it smooth
6. transfer to a bowl. At this stage, if you like it very thin, add more water but then, you also have to add salt to adjust with the amount of water added. We like it very thin for idlis to get soaked in chutney.
7. Heat oil in a pan preferably coconut oil.
8. crackle mustard seeds and split urad dal
9. add curry leaves and broken red chilli and fry until leaves are crisp
10. add the seasoning to the chutney and mix well.
Kerala coconut chutney recipe card:
coconut chutney recipe with red chilli adn small onions
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 7 no small onions
- 4 no red chillies
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 tbsp fried gram
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal split
- 1 no red chilli
- 1 spring curry leaves
take coconut, red chilli, shallots, ginger and fried gram in a blender and add salt required
blend it coarsely without adding water first
open and add water again and grind till smooth.
Heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds and split urad dal
add curry leaves and broken red chilli and fry until leaves are crisp
pour the seasoning to the chutney and mix well.