Pineapple kesari recipe | Pineapple sheera | how to make pineapple kesari bath – simple and easy dessert made with rava flavoured with pineapples. this is commonly served in hotels in tamilnadu but am not sure if it is pure pineapples or just the essence.
If you get the pineapples, dont miss to try out this recipe. You can even substitute sugar with brown sugar/nattu sakkarai but taste differs and I personally like this version. We will be making this only very occasionally. So why to compromise on taste.
there is one more pineapple kesari recipe i have posted which is chocolate flavoured which choco pineapple kesari.
some of the recipes with pineapples:
- Pineapple pachadi recipe | Kerala sadhya recipes | pineapple madura pachadi Vishu Special
- Pineapple Pulissery recipe | Pineapple More kulambu
quick video of the pineapple kesari recipe:
step wise instructions of making the pineapple kesari bath:
melt ghee and fry cashews for half a minute. after half a minute add rava/sooji and ghee. fry until the rava gets aromatic and gets mixed along with ghee. only if it gets mixed and fried well it will not form lumps after adding to hot water. at the same time, take care not to burn it. take it in a plate and keep it aside.
take water in the same pan and add finely chopped pineapples, yellow food colour(optional) and pinch of salt. Choose the pineapples that are fully ripe to get the best taste.
let it come to a rolling boil and then mash it slightly so that the bigger chunks break and the essence gets mixed with water very well.
at this stage, add the roasted rava. stir quickly so that it does not form any lumps. add ghee and keep stirring until all the moisture is absorbed by rava.
close and cook for 2 minutes or until the rava is cooked. You will not be able to see any white specks of rava in kesari that is when the rava is completely cooked.
further add sugar and mix well util it dissolves and again keep stirring while you add ghee in between.
keep stirring until the kesari leaves the pan non sticky and combines together. I have added 3-4 tsp ghee to get to this stage. Do not add it all at once. add in between while you stir to this stage.
you can see the glazed and beautiful texture of the kesari in this pic. serve warm and enjoy!
Pineapple kesari recipe
- 4-5 tsp ghee
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup rava
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 pinch yellow colour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1.75 cups sugar
- heat 2 tsp of ghee and fry cashews and rava until nice aroma leaves out
- take it in a plate and keep aside until use.
- heat water in the same pan with pineapple chopped, yellow food colour, pinch of salt.
- let it come to a rolling boil for 5 minutes and then simmer and mash the pineapples.
- add roasted rava and keep stirring until the moisture is absorbed.
- close and cook for 2 minutes in simmer.
- open and add the sugar to it. stir until it dissolves and evenly mixes with rava. keep stirring until it thickens
- add 2-3 tsp ghee in intervals while stirring until it leaves out pan and combines well.
- you can add cardamom powder optionally.
- only if it gets mixed and fried well it will not form lumps after adding to hot water. at the same time, take care not to burn it.
- choose the fully ripe pineapples for best tatse
- pineapples can also be grinded to paste and added if you do not like chunks.
- optionally you can also add pineapple essence to kesari.