Pineapple Choco Kesari – Pineapple kesari recipe
Simple and easy dessert recipe especially for kids. With ghee, fresh pineapple and with bonus add on of chocolate flavored, Anybody would eat it clean!
Kesari is always a default dessert recipe in many houses when guests arrive at home because its simple and easy and tasty as well. My mom makes carrot kesari often. The color in itself tempts us.
Check out this Apple suji ka halwa which i prepare for my Son because he loves apple flavor in any dessert. I was thinking of how to include pineapple in his diet when i thought little bit of chocolate flavor would do the magic!
Yes, It was awesome that my parents, husband and son were fighting for it! 🙂 I was happy that it came out so good!
Pineapple Choco Kesari – Pineapple kesari recipe – pictorial directions:
Get all your ingredients ready
- Boil water with sugar
Water to be used is depends on the quantity of the rava you take. We will not be discarding the water used to cook pineapple. We will adding it as such. So measure the water in 1:2 ratio (1 cup rava:2 cups water) and let the water boil. I used 2 cups rava and 4 1/2 cup water. Little extra as we boil them.
I have used the Brown sugar in this recipe. The option of sweetener is your choice. Since am using Brown sugar i have used more quantity. If your using White sugar reduce the quantity by 2-3 tbsp lesser or it may turn very sweet
The sweetness in this dish is very mild.
I have finely chopped the pineapple pieces. If you love chunks in between. chop it little bigger in size.
2. When the sugar dissolves completely, add the chopped pineapple pieces into it and stir well.3. Now add a pinch of vanilla essence and mix well4. Let it come to a boil for 5 minutes and switch off. 5. Meanwhile, Melt ghee in a pan, fry the dry fruits6. Until it turns slightly brown7. To this add Rava and fry until its aromatic8. It will become slightly brown. Light brown and fragrant
Roast it in simmer. If it gets browned, then the taste of entire kesari will get spoilt
9. At this stage, add the pineapple water.
When adding pineapple water, it may splutter. So add them slowly and carefully.
10. Keep stirring in medium flame while you add the chocolate sauce into it. 11. Keep stirring so that it does not form any lumps.
You may see those little volcanoes all over 🙂 It is the stage when it starts to thicken and water gets evaporated. Keep stirring!
12. It gets thickened to the consistency it has to be. When you hold in on together, it gets rolled up from the pan and will not stick to the pan.
Enjoy Hot Pineapple choco kesari!
Pineapple Choco Kesari – Pineapple kesari recipe:
Pineapple Choco Kesari - Pineapple kesari recipe
- 2 cups rava/sooji
- 1.5 cups chopped pineapple
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup cashews and dry grapes
- 3-4 tbsp ghee
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2-3 tbsp chocolate sauce/melted chocolate
- Boil water with sugar. When the sugar dissolves completely, add the chopped pineapple pieces into it and stir well. Add a pinch of vanilla essence and mix well. Let it come to a boil and switch off.
- Meanwhile, Melt ghee in a pan, fry the dry fruits until it turns slightly brown
- To this add Rava and fry in simmer until its aromatic. It will become slightly brown. At this stage, add the pineapple water.
- When adding pineapple water, it may splutter. So add them slowly and carefully.
- Keep stirring in medium flame while you add the chocolate sauce into it. It gets thickened to the consistency of kesari.