Crispy vada recipe | parippu vada | paruppu vadai recipe | vada bites for chai | kara vadai made in the form of pakoda with step by step photos and video recipe. simple, easy to prepare tea time snacks with chana dal.
easy to make, crispy snacks for chai and as a side dish for rice. this recipe holds the technique to get the crispy vada and small sized pinches making it more crispy and tastier.
some of the snacks recipes that you might be interested,
- crispy tapioca vada,which is tasty, crispy and a different recipe that you could try to your guests.
- Banana flower vadai ,made with banana blossoms and dal.
- Palak pakora
Crispy vada recipe – quick video:
Crispy vada recipe – step by step pictorial:
- wash and soak the chana dal in water for 3-4 hours minimum. I have used 1 cup chana dal
- drain the water and take it in a blender, salt to taste and add garlic cloves to the blender.
- blend it coarsely. there can be little bit of dal as such. Don’t grind it finely.
- take it in a bowl. add chopped onions, chopped greem chilli, chopped red chilli, chopped ginger. chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Heat oil for deep frying. take 2 tbsp of hot oil and add it to the batter and mic again. this is done so that the vada does not absorb too much oil.
- When the oil is hot, put the flame to medium and pinch drops of batter in hot oil. let it cook until brown on all sides. take out in a paper towel.
Crispy vada recipe card:
Crispy vada recipe
- 1 cup chana dal
- salt to taste
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion finely chopepd
- 1/2 tsp ginger finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp green chilli finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- oil for frying
- soak the chana dal in water for 3-4 hours.
- strain the water and take it in a blender along with salt and garlic
- blend coarsely. take it in a bowl
- add finely chopped onions, red chilli chopped, green chilli chopped, finely chopped ginger, finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- heat oil for frying. take 2 tbsp of hot oil and mix it with batter.
- pinch small bite sized batter and deep fry on all sides till brown.
- strain in paper towel and serve hot