Hello everyone! Here is a very simple and colourful healthy recipe that we make at our home very often. Its a mix of kerala thoran and tamilnadu poriyal, Cabbage, Carrot, and Beetroot Thoran—a fusion of my own style.
To whip up this delightful Cabbage, Carrot, and Beetroot Thoran fusion, start by heating coconut oil in a pan and tempering mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds, garlic, green chilli, and curry leaves until aromatic. Add onions, followed by grated carrot, chopped cabbage, and beetroot. Season with salt, chilli powder, and turmeric powder, and fry for a minute. Pour in water, cover, and cook until veggies are tender. Add grated coconut, heat briefly, and your vibrant stir-fry is ready. This simple recipe combines the essence of Kerala Thoran and Tamil Nadu Poriyal for a delicious twist on South Indian flavors.
- Cabbage – 1/4 cup chopped
- Carrot – 1 grated
- Beetroot – 1/2 grated
- Coconut Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds -1/4 tsp
- Chopped Garlic -2 cloves
- Green Chilli – 2 nos
- Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
- Onions – 1/2 no, chopped
- Salt – 3/4 -1 tsp
- Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/8 tsp
- Water – 1/8 cup
- Grated Coconut – 3 tbsp
- Heat the Pan: Start by heating a pan; add coconut oil and let it heat up.
- Tempering: Splutter mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds, chopped garlic, green chilli, and curry leaves. Fry until it changes color and becomes aromatic.
- Add Onions: Add chopped onions and fry for half a minute.
- Prepare Vegetables: Grate carrots, beetroot, and chop the cabbage. Keep everything ready before cooking.
- Add Vegetables: Add the prepared vegetables to the pan.
- Seasoning: Add salt, chilli powder, and turmeric powder. Mix everything and fry for a minute on high heat.
- Cooking: Pour in water, cover, and cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Open and mix once; let any remaining water dry.
- Add Coconut: Lastly, add grated coconut and mix well. Heat for another half a minute before turning off.
- Serve: Your colorful and healthy stir-fry is ready to be served.
This fusion of Kerala Thoran and Tamil Nadu Poriyal brings out the best in these South Indian flavors. Try this recipe at home and savor the taste of tradition with a twist. Don’t forget to check out other interesting poriyal and thoran recipes given below
- Cabbage Carrot thoran: https://youtu.be/zmBPr950AJI
- Achinga payar thoran: https://youtu.be/Yu1Tc2DX0Sg
- Vazhakoomb Thoran: https://youtu.be/HqVLxCzSUXg
- Vendakka thoran: https://youtu.be/Qit1oiPOF60
- Beetroot thoran: https://youtu.be/-AVXh6PAv2Y
- Banana stem poriyal: https://youtu.be/y30HIP0X3f4
- Ladies finger fry /vendakka poriyal: https://youtu.be/ap8XP1xmUSQ
- Kovakkai/tindora fry: https://youtu.be/FWGtWp9B2ok
- vazhakka roast/ Raw banana roast: https://youtu.be/qRt2bAuOAxk
- aloo methi poriyal: https://youtu.be/G02N8M1ejBU
- arasanikka poriyal: https://youtu.be/BXvA5qGL3lI
- agathipoo poriyal: https://youtu.be/X-Lv75G7kYc
- Chow chow poriyal: https://youtu.be/fmgmYPPYb6A
Note: Feel free to watch the video for a visual guide and don’t forget to like, subscribe, and share your thoughts in the comments. Your support is truly appreciated!