Green peas masala recipe for chapathi south indian style
peas masala south indian style
- 1.5 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 medium onion chopped
- 1 no tomato chopped
- 1 inch ginger
- 3 no garlic
- 2 no green chillies
other ingredients for the curry
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 3/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1 cup dry peas soaked overnight
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- 3/4 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp fresh cream
- 2 tsp coriander leaves
- Grind together everything given under " to grind" section
- Heat oil and crackle cumin seeds and fry onions until brown.
- add the ground paste, close and cook until tomatoes are well cooked.
- open and add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, mix well
- fry in simmer until oil leaves out the sides of the masala
- to this, add cooked peas, salt to taste, and give it a boil adding some water.
- lastly, add kasuri methi, garam masala, fresh cream and mix well. cook for 2-3 minutes.
- serve fresh with phulka or chapathi