Crispy paniyaram recipe | Gunta ponganalu recipe
- 1 cup idli rice
- 2 tbsp bengal gram
- 2 tbsp urad dal
- 1 tbsp moong dal
- 1/8 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 no green chilli crushed
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- coriander leaves
- 1 scoop thick sour curd
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup oil to make paniyarams
- wash and soak rice and dal together for 3-4 hours.
- grind finely and rest for an hour.
- add all the remaining ingredients except oil.
- mix well.
- heat paniyaram pan and pour oil in each pit.
- fill 3/4th of each pit with the batter. close cook until upper part is soft.
- open and turn sides. cook again until crisp. serve fresh and hot