Spicy Garlic Chutney Recipe | Poondu Kara Chutney for idli / dosa / paniyaram
spicy garlic chutney
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 8-9 dry red chillies
- 6-7 dry kashmiri red chillies
- 1 tsp tamarind piece
- 2 pods garlic
- rock salt to taste
- heat oil and roast red chillies and tamarind just until it is heated up.
- Transfer it to a blender and in the same oil, roast the garlic cloves
- roast until the garlic is slightly roasted.
- Put off the flame. Firstly, grind red chillies and tamarind to a semi fine paste.
- Next add the roasted garlic, rock salt and grind again addign very little water only if needed.
- chutney has to be a medium coarse paste. transfer to serving bowl.
- pour in some leftover/warm sesame oil on top of it.
- mix and serve fresh with dosa, idli or paniyaram.