Pulusu Pindi recipe | Tamarind Upma | Uppudu Pindi | Puli Maavu
pulusu pindi recipe
- 1 cup raw rice or idli rice
- 1/2 shell coconut
- 2 tbsp jaggery
- 6-7 nos red chillies
- rock salt
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/8 cup tamarind water
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 no red chilli broken
- oil to drizzle
- wash and soak 1 cup raw rice for 2 hours
- after 2 hours, drain the water and add coconut, jaggery, red chillies, rock salt, asafoetida, cumin seeds and grind to coarse paste adding very little water.
- Add tamarind water to it and mix well.
- heat oil and crackle mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal, curry leaves and red chilli. mix and let it splutter.
- Once it splutters, add the batter to the pan.
- cook until the mixture gets thick.
- Close and cook. keep turning sides and break the pieces to smaller ones.
- cook until it is slightly roasted. Drizzle oil if needed.