Kadai Egg White recipe | Egg White curry recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. simple, easy and healthy recipe using the egg white cubes.
Egg White cubes used here is ready made. But you can also make it at home. Simply, beat the egg whites with a little salt and pour it into a greased square cake mold. Steam cook in the cooker or an idli pan until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cut to cubes once cool and use.
The base curry is very similar to the normal Kadai sabzi. some of the other curries that might interest you,
Kadai Egg White recipe
Kadai Egg white
- 1.5 tbsp oil
- 1 no bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2-3 no cloves
- 2 no cardamom
- 1 no onion – finely chopped
- 1 no green chilli – finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 large tomatoes – finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/8 tsp cumin powder
- 1/8 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp kasuri methi – crushed
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 cup onion petals and capsicum cubes
- salt a pinch
- 100 gms egg white cubes
- 1/8 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves – chopped
- Heat oil in a pan and add all the whole spices: bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, cumin seeds. Mix once.
- Add Chopped onions and chopped green chillies. Fry until transparent.
- Further, add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell leaves.
- When the onion ginger garlic is cooked., add chopped tomatoes, salt and cook until the tomatoes are mushy. You can close cook if needed.
- Open and add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, pepper powder, and mix well.
- Close cook until oil leaves out from the masala. Stir in between.
- Add water to make it thin and also kasuri methi. Cook again until thick.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, fry onion and capsicum pieces with little oil until slightly roasted.
- Add this to the curry along with the egg white cubes.
- Lastly, sprinkle garam masala, chopped coriander leaves and mix gently.
- Close cook for another 3-5 minutes in simmer before serving,
Step by step pics of Making Egg white curry
1.Heat oil in a pan and add all the whole spices, bay leaf, Cinnamon, cloves, cumin seeds, cardamom, Chopped onions, chopped green chilies. Fry till transparent.
2. Add Ginger garlic paste and Fry till raw smell leaves.
3. Add chopped Tomatoes, salt and fry till tomatoes are mushy. Close cook with little water sprinkled to cook it quickly.
4. Further, add the masalas. Turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and pepper powder. Mix well and fry for a minute.
5. Close cook while stirring in between till oil leaves out from the masala.
6. Add water and crushed kasuri methi.
7. Mix well and cook until thick.
8. Meanwhile, In another pan, Add little oil/butter and add onion petals and capsicum cubes. Saute till slightly roasted.
9. Add the fried capsicum and onions to the curry along with the egg white cubes.
10. Mix well gently without mashing the egg whites.
11. Lastly sprinkle garam masala and coriander leaves. Mix again.
12. Close cook for another 3-5 minutes on simmer Before serving.