Thenga chammanthi | Inji thenga chammanthi | Ginger coconut chutney for rice with step by step photos and video recipe. simple, quick and super easy dish that can be made within minutes and usually had as side dish with kanji, served in kerala sadhya and also had as side dish with most rice and curries.
known a thogayal in tamilnadu and chammanthi in kerala is a basic recipe and a kind of appetizer with lot of ginger in it. Some of the chammanthi/thogayal popularly made in south India for rice:
- Paruppu Thogayal Recipe with coconut | Tur dal chutney for rice
- Kollu Thogayal for rice | Horsegram Chutney for rice
- Kothamalli Thogayal ~ Coriander Chutney for rice
Here’s how to make the simple thogayal/chammanthi recipe:
Firstly, get all your ingredients ready: shallots, a small piece of tamarind, red chillies, ginger, curry leaves and coconut grated. chop ginger so that it gets easily blended.
transfer all the ingredients to a blender and add salt.
grind to a coarse paste with very little water. sprinkle water if needed only.
serve fresh with rice and curry
- 5 no shallots
- 3 inch ginger
- 3 dry red chilli
- 1/2 tsp tamarind
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 1/2 cup coconut grated
- salt to taste
- grind all the ingredients together to a coarse paste adding very little water.
- serve fresh with rice and curry.