Paruppu Thogayal Recipe with coconut | Tur dal chutney for rice
Paruppu Thogayal Recipe with coconut | Tur dal chutney for rice with step by step photos and quick video recipe. this simple and easy to make chutney recipe is popular in tamilnadu known as “thuvaram paruppu thogayal”. Thuvayal/thogayal/thovayal known by these names, this recipe is simple and quick recipe that can be had as a side dish for rice.
there is one more thogayal we make very very often at our home especially for kanji known as kanji chammanthi and thats our all time favourite. its known as coconut/thengai thuvayal in Tamilnadu. I’l post the recipe of it very soon.
some of the chutney for rice:
- Kollu Thogayal for rice | Horsegram Chutney for rice
- Pudalangai chutney | snake gourd chutney | potlakaya chutney recipe
- Kothamalli Thogayal ~ Coriander Chutney for rice
- Kollu thuvaiyal ~ Kollu Chammandhi
- Inji Puli Chammandhi
- Rice chammandhi
Paruppu Thogayal Recipe:
Paruppu Thogayal Recipe
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp urad dal
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 4 tbsp tur dal
- 3 dry red chillies
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 2 tbsp coconut
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 1 tsp tamarind
- salt to taste
- heat oil and add urad dal, tur dal, red chilli, curry leaves, ginger and fry till slightly brown
- further add coconut pieces and fry till brown
- put the flame low and add asafoetida, tamarind, mix well and switch off.
- cool and transfer to a blender. add salt and grind to a coarse paste adding very little water.
- serve with rice and curry.
Keep all the ingredients ready.
heat oil in a pan and drop in urad dal, tur dl, curry leaves, ginger and red chilli. fry till slightly brown.
further add coconut and fry till the dal is reddish brown.
add asafoetida, tamarind and mix well. switch off.
cool and transfer to a blender. add salt and grind to a coarse paste adding very little water. sprinkle water and grind. the paste has to thick and coarse.
serve with rice and curry of your choice.