Easy Rasam recipe Kerala style | tomato rasam recipe Kerala style | without rasam powder and dal with step by step photos and video. simple, easy to cook Kerala style rasam recipe without dal and rasam powder maed for kerala sadhya.
some of the rasam varieties:
- Kollu Rasam ~ Horsegram Rasam recipe
- Spicy Rasam Soup Recipe
- Ghee Rasam with Bean Stock
- Chicken Rasam (Tangy and spicy chicken Soup ) ~ Could and cough remedy
- Idichu Vecha Rasam ~ Rasam recipes
Firstly, heat a pan and add coconut oil to it. crackle mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and add curry leaves and red chilli to it.
when the curry leaves turn crisp, add tomatoes chopped, crushed garlic and turmeric pwoder. fry well until tomatoes are mushy.
when the tomatoes are mushy, add coconut grated, coriander powder and pepper powder. fry for half a minute until well combined and coconut is fried a little.
now, add tamarind water very little, 2 tbsp of thick tamarind water and then 2 cups water along with it.
further, add in asafoetida and salt to taste.
mix well and let it come to a rolling boil. switch off.
switch off and close immediately so that flavors dont escape.
Kerala style tomato rasam recipe
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 2 no red chilli
- 2 medium tomatoes - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp grated coconut
- 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tbsp pepper powder
- 2 tbsp tamarind water
- 2 cups water
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- salt to taste
- heat coconut oil and crackle mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and then add curry leaves and red chillies.
- when the curry leaves turn crisp, add tomatoes chopped, turmeric powder, and crushed garlic,
- fry till tomatoes are mushy.
- add coconut grated, coriander powder and pepper powder.
- fry for half a minute.
- furthermore, add tamarind extract and water. season with salt and a pinch asafoetida.
- mix well and let it come to a rolling boil.
- switch off and close immediately. serve hot with rice and stir fry.