Curry leaves rice recipe- Karuveppilai sadham
Curry leaves rice – A spicy rice recipe made with the freshly prepared spice mix and sweet corn in basmati rice. Curry leaves, known for its iron richness also aids in controlling blood sugar. It is also known to have immense effects on hair growth.
This is one simple recipe for making curry leaves rice while there are numerous methods. This is one of the favorite combo – curry leaves and sweet corn.
A slight crunch in between which is always why peanuts are included in a variety rice, while sweet corn does an excellent job.
This Karuveppilai sadham recipe is very easy and quick to fix it up for lunchbox/lunch. easy, healthy and tasty too.
Some of the other rice recipes:
How to make Karuveppilai sadham?
Curry leaves rice recipe
Curry leaves rice
to roast and grind
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 6-10 no garlic cloves
- 2 no red chillies
- 1 cup curry leaves
- 1/2 lemon sized tamarind
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
to make rice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1-2 clove garlic chopped
- 5-8 no small onions chopped
- 1 no green chilli chopped
- 1/8 cup sweet corn boiled
- 1/2 cup basmati rice cooked and cooled
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
to roast and grind
- Dry roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds, garlic and red chillies until it is slightly roasted and turns aromatic.
- add curry leaves, tamarind, and asafoetida. Fry until the leaves are crisp.
- Cool and grind it coarsely.
To make rice
- In the same pan, heat oil, crackle mustard seeds, add chopped garlic, chopped green chillies, chopped onions and fry till onions are pink
- Further, add cooked corn, cooked rice, salt to taste, turmeric powder and prepared spice mix.
- Mix gently until well combined and serve hot.
How to make Curry leaves rice recipe
To make this curry leaves rice, firstly, we need to dry roast a few spices. For that, Heat a pan and roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds, garlic, and red chillies. Roast until it turns aromatic.
Further, add clean and washed curry leaves. Possibly dry the curry leaves before adding it to the pan. start roasting it.
Add tamarind and mix well.
Also, add asafoetida and mix again. fry till leaves are crisp.
Cool the mixture and grind it to a coarse paste as shown below.
In the same pan, heat oil and crackle mustard seeds. Fry chopped garlic, chopped small onions, chopped green chillies until onions turn pink.
Boil corn separately and add it to the pan. Also, add cooked and cooled rice.
Add salt to taste, prepared spice mix, and turmeric powder.
Start mixing it gently without breaking the rice.
Serve it hot with any curry or raita or just pickle/papad.