Curd Quinoa recipe | Quinoa curd recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. pronounced as Keen-wah, this superfood is not only tasty but also light and healthy alternative to rice.
Just like we make tempered curd rice, this is simple recipe. Quinoa can be used in almost all the dishes in replacement to rice/broken wheat. plays role even as rava in kesari.
We will have to take care while cooking it right and there it is. I have added chopped cucumbers to it. You can also add grated carrots, raisins, pomegranates or any other addition that you prefer while making curd rice.
How to make Quinoa curd
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- salt to taste
- 1 cup thick curd
- 1/8 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 3/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tbsp ginger chopped
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 no red chillies – broken
- a few cashews
- Heat oil in a cooker and add the washed quinoa to it.
- Fry for a couple of minutes until it pops.
- While it pops, add 1.5 cups water, close and cook for 18-20 minutes in medium heat.
- Open and check to find all the water absorbed and quinoa is sprouted.
- Transfer the cooked quinoa to a bowl along with thick curd, salt, chopped cucumber and chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well and keep it aside.
- For tempering: heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds and add cumin seeds, chana dal, urad dal, red chillies, curry leaves, chopped ginger and few cashews.
- Fry until dals are slightly brown and cashews are firm.
- Add the tempering to the curd quinoa and mix well.
- serve fresh.
curd quinoa recipe with step by step pics
1.firstly measure and take the quinoa, wash it well a couple of times and drain the water completely. Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan and add the washed quinoa in it.
2. roast the quinoa in medium heat until it pops and gives out a nutty flavour. this process takes about 1-2 minutes. So keep an eye and stir constantly.
3. Add 1.5 cups water to the cooker. Since this is for curd rice, I have added some extra water. Close and cook in medium heat for about 18-20 minutes.
4. Open to find that all the water added is absorbed and the Quinoa is cooked with sprouted tails.
5. Now that it is ready, transfer it to a bowl. Let it cool a bit. Add Thick curd to the bowl.
6. Add salt and finely chopped cucumber. You can also add grated carrots at this stage.
7. Further add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
8. For tempering: Heat oil in a pan and pop in mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, cumin seeds and let it brown a bit.
9. Further add chopped ginger, curry leaves, red chillies broken, cashews.
10. Fry until cashews turn firm. Need not fry the cashews till golden as we do for the desserts. Just fry until firm and add the tempering to the curd quinoa.
11. mix well. serve fresh or chilled as per your preference.
If you wanted to make it thin, add more curd. If you are having it later, add more milk to thin it.