Aloo methi paratha – One of the easy and tasty lunch box option especially for kids. With the goodness of methi leaves and potatoes, this dough is so soft and the chapathi retains its moisture until lunchtime which makes it feel fresh even after hours.
adding potatoes to the dough make it very soft and it needs very little water to make the dough. the moisture from potato and methi is enough to knead it soft. If needed just sprinkle little water and ghee.
one best combination that I always prefer for this paratha is my onion tomato chutney.
some of the other paratha recipes:
aloo methi paratha recipe
Aloo methi paratha
- 2 cups wheat flour
- salt to taste
- 2 medium potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1 handful methi leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 3-5 tbsp ghee
- Boil the potatoes, peel the skin and mash them.
- wash the fenugreek leaves, chop them roughly.
- heat oil in a pan and crackle cumin seeds and add chopped leaves.
- further, add turmeric powder and garam masala. fry till it shrinks.
- add the fried leaves, potatoes and wheat flour in a bowl along with salt.
- crumble it well and then sprinkle little water. knead to a soft dough.
- apply ghee all over and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- heat a tawa and pinch a portion of dough. spread it to a thin disc.
- cook the parathas on medium heat on both sides. apply ghee and keep turning sides until brown spots are found all over the parathas.
- serve it hot
How to make aloo methi paratha
Firstly, clean the methi leaves and wash them under running water a couple of times. drain the water and chop it roughly.
Heat oil in a pan and crackle cumin seeds and add the chopped leaves to it.
Further, add turmeric powder and garam masala. fry until the leaves shrink.
In a bowl, take the wheat flour, fried leaves, boiled potatoes and crumble it evenly.
sprinkle little water if needed and knead to a soft dough.
Apply ghee on top and spread it all over. rest the dough for 5-10 minutes.
Pinch a portion and flatten it to a thin disc.
Cook it over medium-hot tawa on both sides. apply ghee and cook until you see brown spots on both sides.
serve it hot with chutney/pickle/curd.