nellika achar recipe | Gooseberry pickle | Amla pickle recipe
Nellika achar recipe | Gooseberry pickle | Amla pickle recipe with step by step pics and video recipe. one of the traditional and easy pickle recipe just similar to making mango pickle. unlike instant pickle, this is made a week ahead to taste best on the platter.
Nellika Achar Recipe
Some of the easy pickle recipes like instant raw papaya pickle which tastes just like mango pickle. this garlic coconut pickle is must for postpartum/ after delivery and is one of the best recipes that came across my ancestors. other than these we make tomato pickle often.
quick video of Nellika achar recipe
step wise pics of making the Nellika achar recipe
- cook gooseberry/amla/nellika in enough water and salt. boil for 5 minutes on high until the amla is soft and changes to light colour.
2. strain the gooseberry and cut into half. if it is cooked, it gets opened easily just by giving pressure in the centre. de-seed and split it into 6 pieces. if large sized, then cut the slices into two.
heat sesame oil in a pan and pop in mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida.
when it pops, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, kashmiri chilli power and give it a good mix. keep the flame low as the chilli powder gets burnt when kept in high flame.
after few seconds. add the amla pieces ans mix well. further add fenugreek powder and mustard seeds powder.
mix well and adjust salt. salt has to be little high than usual so that pickle stays good for long. mix well.
store in a ceramic or glass bottles. shake well everyday morning and you can have it at day 2. if you find the pickle dry, then heat some sesame oil and add it. use fresh and dry spoons to serve the pickle.
Nellika achar | gooseberry pickle recipe
- 14-15 nos amla / gooseberry
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/8 tsp fenugreek powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds powder
- cook amla/gooseberry in hot water and salt. cook until soft, strain it. chop, de-seed and keep it aside
- heat oil and pop in mustard seeds, curry leaves, asafoetida, turmeric powder, kashmiri chilli powder and mix well.
- further add cooked amla, fenugreek seeds powder, mustard seeds powder and salt. mix well.
- cool and store it in dry containers.
Comments are closed.