Thari Unda – a typical Kerala snacks recipe that is made with semolina, egg, and milk. deep fried till golden crisp. This snack has a shelf life of about 1-2 weeks. It has a crispy outer covering.
Some of the tea time snacks recipes:
How to make thari unda
Thari unda recipe
- 1 large egg
- 3-4 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 cup rava roasted
- oil for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl, break an egg and add sugar, cardamom powder, milk and beat until light and thin.
- to this egg mix, add rava and mix well.
- make small and even sized balls of it and keep it ready.
- heat oil in a kadai and once it is medium hot, deep fry the balls until golden brown.
- strain the excess oil in a paper towel and serve it hot/later.
How to make fried semolina egg balls
to make this Thari unda, firstly, let’s take an egg in a mixing bowl. Along with add, add cardamom powder, sugar, and milk.
Start mixing it until it is light and well blended.
add fried semolina and mix well with a fork.
Make balls of it and keep it ready. You can even refrigerate this for an hour before frying it.
Deep fry the balls in medium hot oil until it turns golden in colour. drain it in a paper towel and serve it fresh