Mutton Keema Kebab | How to make mutton keema kabab recipe | mutton kheema kebab
Mutton Kheema kebab
- 400 gms boneless mutton
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 no green chilly finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/8 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1.5 cups potatoes cooked and mashed with salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup maida
- 3 tbsp rice flour
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- oil for shallow frying
preparing the mutton
- mince the washed and clean boneless mutton pieces. Chop them and mince them. You can also pulse the chopped pieces
cooking the minced mutton aloo masala
- Heat oil and crackle cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, saute in the chopped onions for a minute or just until it softens a little.
- When the onions turn soft, add chopped green chilies and ginger garlic paste together. Fry them until the raw smell leaves. Take about half a minute.
- further, add minced mutton to the pan and mix well with onions. Fry until the mutton turns pale in color. This process is quicker and you need to keep stirring.
- Spice powders are added: turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, pepper powder. and salt. Fry the mixture for a minute.
- add water, close cook until the mutton is completely cooked. Takes about 15-20 minutes.
- While the mutton is cooked, mash and add the potatoes and coriander leaves to the pan. Potatoes have to be cooked with salt and mashed well. add the mashed potatoes and mix well. cook the mixture for about 5 minutes in medium heat until the moisture leaves and it is nicely blended with mutton. keep it aside until it slightly cools down.
preparing the dips
- meanwhile, Beat 2 eggs with salt in a bowl just until combined. keep it aside until use. this will be one of our dips for patties.
- Take a quarter plate and add the flour(maida) and rice flour to it. Mix once and keep it aside until use. This will be our second dip.
- In another quarter plate, spread out the bread crumbs and keep it ready. This is our third dip.
making patties with the three dip coating
- have all the dips and mutton masala nearby and grease your palms. pinch a portion of the prepared mutton and start making balls. flatten it gently.
- The patties is first dipped in the flour mix and covered with flour on all sides followed by the dip in egg mix giving it a nice egg wash on all sides. then the wet patties is immediately coated with the bread crumbs.
- Freeze for an hour. This is to make sure the patties are firm.
- I would suggest freezing the kebabs before frying. Not only that it gets firm in shape, the outer crumbs turn crispier if when fried.
- You can also freeze the prepared kebabs for later use.
- Adding potatoes are mainly for binding the mutton together and giving it a shape. You can replace it with flour instead.
- While cooking potatoes, make sure to cook with salt, peel the skin and mash it well.
- For a easier way to mince the mutton, you can pulse it in mixer twice.