Cabbage Manchurian recipe | veg Manchurian semi dry
cabbage manchurian recipe – Indo- chinese Restaurant style veg manchurian
indo chinese veg manchurian recipe
to make balls
- 1 cup cabbage (pulsed or chopped super fine)
- 1.5 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp maida/all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
to make sauce
- 1 tbsp oil (oil used for deep frying can be reused)
- 1 tbsp garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 no green chilli (finely chopped)
- 1/2 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp capsicum (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp spring onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp soya sauce
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp corn flour (made to slurry mixing it with 1/8 cup water)
make balls and deep fry them
Mix all the ingredients mentioned under “to make balls”. Mix until well combined.
heat oil in a kadai and make tiny balls out of the cabbage mix and deep fry the balls until crisp and brown. fry in medium heat. turn sides often and fry it evenly brown.
to make sauce
heat oil. 1 tbsp of Oil used for deep frying can be reused to make sauce.
When the oil is hot, fry the chopped ginger, garlic and green chilli until the raw smell leaves.
Further add chopped onions, chopped capsicum, spring onion greens and fry for a minute on high heat.
after a minute, add salt, pepper powder, chilli sauce, tomato sauce and soya sauce together with sugar. Mix everything nicely and cook until oil leaves the sauce.
make the corn slurry by mixing corn flour with water and mix well. add the slurry to the pan. mix well and cook until the gravy gets to a saucy consistency.
add the fried balls and cook it in the sauce until sauce is coated on all sides of cabbage balls.
- Make the balls, fry them and keep it ready. Make the sauce and keep it seperate. Mix both together only before serving to retain the crunch in the cabbage balls.
- Best tasted when served hot.
- You can also add chopped carrots or any other vegetable of your choice to the balls.
- Water is not added while making balls as moisture from the cabbages are enough to blend everything together.
- Finally serve it topped with freshly chopped spring onions.