Pazham pori recipe ethakka appam or ethakkappam | pazham porichathu | banana fritters Kerala style with step by step photos and video recipe. known by many names this simple snacks recipe made with ripe plantain.
it is very popular tea time snack in Kerala. we call this as nalu mani palaharam had with cutting chai. Usually the bananas used to make pazham pori is nendran pazham but any ripe and firm bananas. chose almost ripe bananas as it stays firm and it is tasty as well.
In some regions of Kerala, pazham pori is had with beef fry. We do not consume beef. we simply love it with hot chai. with the crispy outside and soft cooked banana inside is awesome.
I have not used any food color and only turmeric powder is used. if you want that bright yellow colour, do add yellow food colour.
Pazham pori recipe
pazham pori recipe
- 2 no nendran banana
- 1 cup refined flour/maida
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 no cardamom – crushed
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1 pinch baking soda
- oil – for deep frying
- cut the nendran banana into half and slice each half to two-three pieces.
- mix maida, rice flour, salt, sugar, cardamom, turmeric powder, black sesame seeds together in a mixing bowl.
- add water little at a time and start mixing it until it is medium thick but flowy batter.
- lastly add baking soda and mix well.
- dip banana slices into the batter. coat it completely and take out the pieces.
- deep fry in medium hot oil. fry until slightly brown.
- strain to a paper towel.
how to make pazham pori recipe |ethakka appam
1.use almost ripe nendran banana and cut them to two half. slice them into two or three pieces and keep it ready.
2. in a mixing bowl, add refined flour, rice flour, crushed cardamom, sugar.
3. also add turmeric powder, salt and black sesame seeds. add water little at a time and start mixing.
4. add more water to make it to a medium thick lump free batter.
5. lastly, add soda and mix once.
6. dip the banana slices into the batter and coat it evenly with the batter.
7. drop the banana into medium hot oil. drop it one by one.
8. turn sides and cook until it is slightly brown. take out to a paper towel and serve hot with masala chai/cutting chai.
simple and easy pazham pori is ready !