Quinoa Kesari recipe | How to make Quinoa Kesari recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. One of the simplest dessert recipe with the superfood quinoa.
Am not that fond of desserts but my recent attraction towards quinoa made me try Kesari with it. nothing a difference in making it with quinoa. Just that you need to know the loop of handling quinoa in the right way.
When I first posted the curd quinoa recipe, I had also mentioned about how to cook it right. While making dessert, it is a bit different as we don’t want it to get mashed as well undercooked.
So, I would suggest soaking the quinoa for 15 minutes before you start cooking this dessert though soaking is not compulsory in other dishes with quinoa.
Quinoa Kesari recipe
Quinoa kesari recipe
- 2 + 1 tsp ghee
- 2 tsp broken cashews
- 1/4 cup quinoa – soaked for 15 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 cup sugar – or to taste
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
- 1 tiny pinch food color (kesari color)
- Soak the quinoa for 15 minutes. Heat ghee in a pan and fry cashews until roasted.
- Take it in a bowl and keep aside until use.
- In the same pan, roast the soaked Quinoa until it pops approximately for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup water, close and cook for 15-20 minutes until done.
- open and add sugar, cardamom powder, and a pinch food color.
- mix well and cook until sugar is melted and combined.
- Lastly, add ghee, roasted cashews and mix well until it comes together.
- serve hot and fresh.
How to make Quinoa Kesari recipe
- Firstly soak the quinoa in water for at least 15 minutes. Heat ghee in a pan and fry cashews until slightly brown. take that in a bowl and keep aside.
2. In the same pan, add the soaked and drained quinoa and roast in ghee for a couple of minutes in medium heat. It starts popping and gives out a nutty flavor.
3. At this stage, add water. Close and cook for 15-30 minutes or until the quinoa is completely cooked.
4. When the quinoa is cooked (check if has sprouted and is soft), add sugar, cardamom powder, kesari color (optional). mix well until the sugar melts.
5. lastly, add ghee and the fried cashews. mix once again until well combined and comes together.
Serve hot !