Broccoli Dal Rasam Soup recipe |Broccoli lentils soup recipe
Broccoli Dal Rasam Soup recipe |Broccoli lentils soup recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. Broccoli and moong dal soup made with the south Indian touch.
I have a crush towards this vegetable for the reason that it keeps your heart healthy. reduces bad cholesterol and keeps your heart young and active. When My father had an attack, this was the foremost vegetable suggested by doctors.
Since then, I pick the broccoli whenever I go to buy vegetables. very regularly, I make Broccoli kurma out of it or a simple stir fry. one of the variations of sabji I tried was broccoli katsu curry.
This is a medium thick soup and addition of dal and spice powders like coriander powder and rasam powder gives it a south Indian touch. Adjust pepper powder according to your taste. We like it a little on higher side.
Broccoli Dal Rasam Soup recipe
Broccoli dal rasam soup
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp onion chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 slit green chilli
- 2-3 tbsp spring onion chopped
- 1 large tomato puree
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1+2 tsp pepper powder
- 3/4 tsp rasam powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 cups broccoli florets blanched
- salt to taste
- 3-4 cups water
- 1 cup moong dal cooked and mashed
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp parsley chopped finely
- melt butter in a wide pan and saute in chopped onions, ginger garlic paste until raw smell leaves.
- Further add green chillies slit, spring onion and fry for few seconds.
- Furthermore, add tomato puree and fry for a few seconds
- next goes turmeric powder, cumin powder, pepper powder, coriander powder, rasam powder. Mix well.
- Add in the blanched broccoli florets, salt to taste and mix well.
- 3 cups Water is added, close and cook for 20 minutes until soft.
- open and add cooked moong dal, lemon juice, and chopped parsley.
- Give it a last boil and turn off. serve the soup hot!
Broccoli Dal Rasam Soup recipe
1.Melt butter and saute chopped onions, ginger garlic paste until raw smell leaves.
2. Slit green chilies and add it to the pan along with spring onions and fry for few seconds.
3. Grind one large tomato to a puree. Take it in the pan and fry it for few seconds.
4. Further goes in all the spice powders. Turmeric, cumin, pepper powder, rasam powder and coriander powder. Mix well until well combined.
5. Blanch the broccoli before hand. That is put it in hot water for 5 minutes before using it in the curry. Reason is to remove any worms, pesticides, insects, dusts in between the florets. Do not skip this step always. Season with salt and mix well.
6. Add 3 cups water, close and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetable is completely cooked.
7. Furthermore, pour in the cooked and mashed moong dal, lemon juice and pepper powder to taste. Use freshly ground pepper powder for the added taste.
8. lastly, add in the chopped parsley and mix well. Give it a last boil. If you do not have parsley handy, go with coriander leaves.
Serve the healthy Broccoli dal rasam soup piping Hot!