How to make lauki kheer recipe, bottle gourd payasam recipe | Sorakkai payasam | Churakka payasam recipe with step by step pics and video recipe. simple, healthy and easy kheer recipe with bottle gourd.
Doodhi kheer or kaddu ki kheer is made with grated lauki/sorakkai, milk, and brown sugar as the main ingredient. You can also use white sugar but we love the flavor of brown sugar and on the healthier note, we have skipped using white sugar almost 90 %.
Brown sugar in payasam is just so mild and does not dominate or give you a “too much sugary” feel. This recipe is slightly less in sugar. You can add more if you wish to.
some of the popular payasam recipes: Nei payasam, semiya sago payasam, jackfruit preserve payasam, jackfruit payasam, Nungu payasam , paruppu payasam , palada payasam, broken wheat payasam , koova payasam , etc.,
Lauki kheer recipe
lauki kheer recipe bottle gourd payasam recipe
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup grated bottle gourd
- 2 cups milk
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- few saffron threads
- 1/8 tsp cardamom powder
- few cashews
- few dried rose potals
- Melt ghee in a thick bottomed pan and saute the grated lauki for a minute.
- Along with it, add 2 cups water and let it cook in medium heat until lauki is soft and tender.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder, saffron threads, and cashews. mix well.
- While it boils for a few minutes, add dried rose petals, stir it well.
- serve fresh or chilled.
Lauki kheer recipe, bottle gourd payasam recipe
1.Melt ghee in a thick bottomed pan and fry the grated lauki/bottle gourd for a minute or so in ghee.
2. Pour in 2 cups of full cream milk and let it cook in medium heat until it reduces and thickens. meanwhile, the bottle gourd also gets cooked and becomes soft.
3. Measure and add brown sugar, mix well. while it comes to a boil and the sugar melts, add few strands of saffron to it.
4. Furthermore, add cardamom powder, cashews and mix well. You can also fry the cashews and add it but I love the cooked cashews than the fried ones. Mix and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
5. lastly, add dried rose petals and give it a good mix. At this stage you can also add rose water if you have.
serve fresh or chilled. You can add more warm milk to make it thin at the time of serving. lauki kheer recipe, bottle gourd payasam recipe is ready!