How to make Pappada vada recipe | Kerala snacks recipe , pappadavada with step by step pics and video recipe. simple, easy and traditional snacks recipe of Kerala.
This is an Instant version of the recipe whereas in the normal version the raw rice is soaked for 3-4 hours. Grind to a fine paste with spices and used. Also the pappad is sun dried until stiff.
I have made a quick version of it. one side glimpse of the tea stall in Kerala. I have been planning to capture all these items. A huge list that I got from the tea shop ammachi. Hope it happens 🙂
pappada vada recipe Kerala snacks
pappada vada recipe
- 12-15 nos pappadam
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1.5 tbsp black sesame
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- asafoetida a pinch
- Mix all the ingredients except pappadam in a bowl.
- Add water little at a time and mix to a medium thick batter.
- Toast the pappadams in dosa tawa until stiff. dip the pappadam into the batter.
- Coat it quickly on both sides with the batter.
- drop it in hot oil.
- fry until both the sides are crisp and oil sizzle stops.
- drain the oil completely and serve.
How to make pappada vada | pappadavada recipe kerala snacks
1.Toast the pappadams in a dosa tawa until stiff. Alternatively, If you have a sunny day, keep put in hot sun for few hours until stiff. This helps in crispier pappada vada.
2. Take a mixing bowl and mix together rice flour, turmeric powder, chilli powder, black sesame seeds, cumin seeds, salt, and asafoetida. Add water little at a time and mix well until medium thick like the idli batter.
3. Put the toasted pappadams into the batter. Coat with batter on both the sides gently. Do not keep it for long as the pappads will become soggy. dip it quickly and take out.
4. Drop it immediately in hot oil and cook on both sides until crispy. Until oil sizzle stops.
5. Drain the oil completely.
Stays good for 3-4 days at room temperature. Make a fresh batch as and when needed. You can adjust the spice powders as per your need.