How to make Broken corn uttapam | Corn Rava uttapam recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. Simple, healthy and Instant Breakfast idea south Indian style. Made with Broken Corn Rava, curd and few other ingredients.
This tastes best when you soak the broken corn rava in curd for at least an hour and grind it to a coarse paste. Else the dosa will look and taste dry.
I have topped the uttapam with thinly sliced small onions and chopped coriander leaves. You can also add grated carrots or any other vegetable of your choice to make it more healthier.
Broken corn uttapam recipe
Broken corn rava uttapam
- 1.5 cups corn rava
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup sour curd
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup coconut pieces
- 1-2 no red chilli
- 1 small piece ginger
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- pinch asafoetida
- 3-4 tbsp coconut oil – for making dosa
- 7-8 no small onions – chopped
- 2-3 tbsp coriander leaves – finely chopped
- Firstly, Mix Corn rava, rice flour sour curd, salt and water to a thick batter.
- close and let it rest for an hour.
- To this, add coconut pieces, red chilli, ginger and grind it to a coarse paste.
- transfer to a bowl and add cumin seeds, asafoetida and mix well.
- heat and grease dosa tawa. pour a ladleful or two of batter into dosa pan and spread into thick small uttapam.
- grease with coconut oil all over the sides
- top it with small onions and coriander leaves.
- close and cook for a while (1/2-1 minute)
- open and turn side.
- cook for another 1/2 minute. serve fresh and hot with chutney of your choice.
Corn rava uttapam recipe
1.In a bowl, add broken corn, rice flour, curd and salt to taste.
2. Mix well and add 1 cup water. Mix well. Close and let it rest for an hour so that rava becomes soft.
3. To this batter, add coconut pieces, red chillies and ginger. Grind it to a coarse paste.
4. Add little water, mix well. Add cumin seeds.
5. Further add asafoetida, mix well.
6. Grease a pan and pour a ladleful of batter. spread to a uttapam. Grease with oil on the sides.
7. spread the chopped small onions and chopped coriander leaves. Close and cook for a minute.
8. Turn side and cook again for few seconds. Take it to a plate and serve hot.
Serve the uttapam with coconut chutney or podi.