Tomato dosa or thakkali dosa – this version is with the regular dosa batter and tomato masala. There is one more version with maida which is the instant version. If you can search for recipes with maida, there are very few only. I mostly avoid cooking with maida.
Tomato dosa – video recipe:
step by step pics of the recipe:
finely chop the tomatoes and add it to a blender along with fennel seeds, curry leaves, garlic and grind it to a fine paste.
further add dosa batter, chopped onions, cumin seeds, chopped coriander leaves and water to make it to a thin batter.
mix well. pour a ladle full batter onto a medium hot and greased tawa.
spread the dosa batter thin and let it cook until slightly brown. flat it with the help of dosa ladle. turn side and let it cook again. fold and serve!
tomato dosa recipe
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 spring curry leaves
- 2 no garlic cloves
- 3 cups dosa batter
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- groundnut oil - for making dosa
- grind tomatoes, fennel seeds, chilli powder, curry leaves and garlic cloves to a fine paste.
- add dosa batter to the tomato paste along with salt, chopped onions, chopped coriander leaves, cumin seeds and mix well
- grease a medium hot tawa with oil and pour a ladlefull of batter onto the tawa. flatten it to a thin dosa and drizzle oil on sides.
- when brown, turn side and let it cook again. when brown, fold and serve.