Chana 65 recipe | Chickpeas 65 recipe with step by step pics and video recipe. simple, tasty starter recipe using white chickpeas or Kabuli chana.
This is my humble attempt when I was in an attempt to make a perfect replica of the chicken 65. It turned out so good that the plate was clean in minutes.
It tastes best when had hot. Usually, chana kebabs use grounded chickpeas but coarsely mashing them helps in retaining the slight crunch of the pieces in between which is good.
While chana Manchurian is also our favorite, this was totally a different taste and experience. Do give it a try and taste it!
Chana 65 recipe
For making tikkis
- 2 cups boiled chickpeas
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/8 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2-3 tbsp curd
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1.5 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- oil – for shallow frying
for the sauce
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 no green chilli – slit
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 large pinch Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Cook the Kabuli chana until soft and mash them in a mixing bowl.
- Add all the ingredients mentioned under "to make tikkis" except oil.
- Make a stiff dough without adding water.
- make small tikkis and shallow fry in hot oil until golden and crisp.
- strain it to a paper towel. keep it aside.
- For making sauce.
- heat oil and add green chilli, curry leaves, Kashmiri chilli powder, garam masala and give it a mix.
- sprinkle water, lemon juice, and mix once.
- lastly, add the fried tikkis one by one and give it a toss until the sauce gets well coated.
- serve it hot with raw onions and tomato sauce.
Step by step photo recipe
Boil chickpeas until soft and mash them coarsely in a bowl.
In the same bowl, add rice flour, cornflour, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, pepper powder, and garam masala. Further, add curd to it.
Add salt to taste and squeeze a lemon over it.
lastly, add ginger garlic paste and start kneading the dough.
Mix without adding any water. make small-sized tikkis.
Shallow fry the tikkis in hot oil on both sides until crisp and golden. strain it to a paper towel.
Meanwhile, In another pan, heat little oil and add green chilli, curry leaves, Kashmiri red chilli powder, garam masala and fry for half a minute.
Sprinkle little water and lemon juice over it. mix well and put the flame to low. Add all the fried tikkis and mix once. toss gently.
serve hot with tomato sauce and raw onions.