Omelette Kurma recipe | Egg omelet curry recipe south Indian style
Omelette Kurma recipe | Egg omelet curry recipe south Indian style with step by step photos and video recipe. simple, tasty side dish curry option with egg. suitable for chapathi and any Indian bread.
I have already posted a mutta poricha curry/omlette curry which is a typical Kerala style curry using coconut milk which is entirely different from this one.
It has a typical south Indian Kurma flavor to it. While the omelet in this recipe is not cooked on tawa but steam cooked. The reason is, the steam cooked omelet pieces stay fluffy and intact in curry for a longer time than the oil cooked one which gets scrambled easily.
some of the egg curry recipes:
Omelette Kurma recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 long green chilli slit
- 1 large tomato finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/2-1 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 tsp khus khus
- 2 tbsp cashews
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, salt, chilli powder, chopped onions, salt and garam masala.
- steam cook the eggs in a deep plate place over a pan with water. close cook until done.
- Open and keep it aside to cool.
- In another pan, heat oil and fry onions and ginger garlic paste until slightly brown.
- Further add chopped tomatoes, green chilli and fry until mushy.
- When the tomatoes are cooked and mushy, add all the spice powders: turmeric, chilly, coriander, cumin, pepper powder, and garam masala.
- Fry for a minute until raw smell leaves and pour enough water to make it thin.
- Let the curry boil. Meanwhile grind together coconut, cashew and khus khus to a smooth paste.
- add the paste to the boiling curry and mix well. let it cook for few minutes.
- lastly, add chopped mint, chopped coriander leaves. cut the cooked omelet to pieces and drop the pieces on to the curry.
- Mix gently and add water over the sides of the pan. let ti boil for 2 more minutes and serve hot with chapathi.
Step by step recipe of making Egg omelet curry
Making Egg omelet for the curry
In a large mixing bowl, break 4 large eggs and add chopped onions to it.
Along with the onions, add chilli powder, garam masala, and salt. Mix well until well combined.
In a wide pan, place a plate or stand at the bottom and pour water in it. Take a deep plate and grease it with oil.
Place the plate in the pan and pour the egg mixture into the plate.
Close and cook the eggs until light and fluffy. Open and keep it aside to cool completely.
Cooking the curry
In a pan, fry together chopped onions and coarsely ground ginger garlic paste. Fry until the onions are slightly brown.
later, add chopped tomatoes, slit green chilies and salt for frying. Fry until the tomatoes are mushy.
At this stage, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, Garam masala and pepper powder. Mix well until well combined.
Add enough water and mix well. let it come to a boil.
While the curry is boiling, grind together coconut pieces, khus khus and cashew.
Grind all these three ingredients to a smooth paste and add it to the boiling curry.
Mix well and add more water if needed to thin it down.
Further, add chopped mint leaves and chopped coriander leaves. Mix well and add the pieces of cooked omelette.
Cut them to pieces and add it one by one in the curry. Do not over mix the curry after adding the omelet.
Mix it gently and add little over the sides of the pan. let it boil for 2 more minutes before serving.