Mushroom onion fry | small onion fry with mushrooms
Mushroom onion fry | small onion fry with mushrooms, a recipe with step by step photos.
It is whenever the small onion prices fall and when the summer begins, My mom makes this small onion fry with ghee. Excellent side dish for rice and also has got good medicinal properties.
Small onions are in particular known to have a good cooling effect on body and Indian summer calls for abundant usage of vegetables that have a good cooling effect on our body. this way, it’s better to avoid any problems related to body heat.
Apart from small onion rice, She makes it with just onions and I wanted to try it along with mushrooms. Plain rice+ ghee+ mushroom onion stir fry is such a pleasing dish one can enjoy this summer.
some of the other mushroom recipes you would like to try:
- mushroom milagu varuval
Let’s see how to make this Mushroom and small onions fry with step by step pics
Firstly, cut and prepare small onions and mushrooms in equal measure. slice the onions into two. Heat ghee in a pan and crackle cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
When it pops, add mushrooms and small onions along with salt and chilli powder. Very little chilli powder as we will be adding pepper powder at the last stage.
Further, add turmeric powder and mix everything together. start cooking in medium heat. The mushrooms will start releasing water.
Keep mixing it in between. Mushrooms and onions will be cooked and soft. A slight crunchy stage can be chosen if you are having it with rice. Lastly, add sambar powder, pepper powder and curry leaves.
Mix everything together and let it cook further for a couple of minutes.
Enjoy the delicious mushroom onion fry with rice and ghee.
Mushroom Onion stir fry recipe
mushroom onion fry
- 200 gms mushrooms
- 2 cups small onions
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp sambar powder
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- Clean the mushrooms and small onions. slice them to halves.
- heat ghee and pop in cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
- when it pops, add mushrooms and small onions along with salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder.
- mix well and cook in medium heat until the mushrooms shrink. It releases water and starts shrinking.
- By the time all the water is dried and mushrooms are done, add pepper powder, sambar powder and curry leaves.
- mix everything together. cook for another 2 minutes.
- serve hot with rice and ghee.