Recipe for Aval nanachathu, sweet poha recipe with step by step pictures and video recipe.
Aval nanachathu is such a simple, tasty recipe that can be prepared within minutes and finished within seconds. My mom used to make this whenever we feel like having some sweet.
Here is the aval nanachathu video recipe
Let’s see how to make this aval nanachathu, sweet poha recipe with step by step pictures:
Take the aval/poha (red or white) in a strainer. wash it with running water for few seconds or 2-3 glass of water. We don’t soak the poha in water, as it tends to become soggy and will not stay separate.
Mix it with hands and let it sit aside for 5 minutes. It turns soft. after 5 minutes, transfer it to a mixing bowl.
to this add freshly grated coconut, grated jaggery and cardamom powder. Few even add dry ginger powder and its optional.
Mix everything together with hands until well combined. Mix very gently without crushing the soft poha. that’s it, we are done.
serve it fresh and enjoy!
sweet poha recipe
- 1 cup poha/ flattened rice/aval red or white
- 3/4 cup coconut grated
- 1/2 cup jaggery grated or powdered
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Wash the poha with water for a couple of times and let it sit in a strainer for 5 minutes.
- after 5 minutes, take it in a mixing bowl and mix along with coconut, jaggery, cardamom powder.
- mix everything gently until well combined.
- serve fresh!