Side dish for Chapathi/Rotis|Step by Step Instructions with Photos
Peas masala can be cooked with onion base or onion tomato or just tomato base gravy..but here..i ve tried out with green base..corriander leaves and green chilli form the main ingredient.
Green Peas 1 cup
Onions 3 no
Tomato 1 no
Ginger a small piece
Garlic 2 pods
Corriander leaves one handful
Green chilli 3-4 nos
Cashew nut 5-6
Curd 2 tablespoon
Cumin Seeds 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala 1 teaspoon
Kasoori Methi a pinch
Milk 1/4 cup
Fresh Cream 1 teaspoon
1. First Boil the Green Peas with little Salt for 10 min or until done. Strain and keep it ready
2. Roughly chop onions, ginger, garlic and tomatoes and saute them in little oil.
First saute onion, ginger and garlic until onions turn pink and then add tomatoes and saute until it turns mushy
3. Cool it and grind along with corriander leaves, green chilly, Curd and cashew.
You can grind the curd cashew paste seperately and add to this for better result.
4. Heat oil in a non stick pan, splutter cumin seeds. Add the ground paste,Turmeric powder, Garam Masala and saute well until the oil seperates. Cook it in simmer. Be generous in using oil as the gravy has to get sauted well for good taste.
5. At this stage add cooked Peas, Salt and crushed kasuri methi. Mix well and cook until the gravy and peas gets blended. Finally add in Milk and fresh cream.
Note: To grind the cashew paste, soak the cashew in warm water. Paneer can also be added along with Peas.
Green Peas Masala Can be served hot with Roti, Chappathi and even with Rice.
PEAS MASALA | GREEN PEAS MASALA | MUTTER KI SABZI
Course: Side Dish
Cuisine: North Indian