Green Peas cooked in a spicy aromatic green base gravy is an excellent Side dish for Chapathi/Rotis. Peas masala can be cooked with onion base or onion tomato or just tomato base gravy..but here..i ve tried out with green base..coriander leaves and green chilli form the main ingredient.
step by step recipe of green peas masala
PEAS MASALA | GREEN PEAS MASALA | MUTTER KI SABZI
- 1 cup Green Peas
- 3 medium Onions
- 1 large Tomato 1 no
- 1 small piece ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- 3-4 no green chilli
- 5-6 whole Cashew nut
- 2 tbsp curd
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 pinch Kasoori Methi
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Fresh Cream
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- First Boil the Green Peas with little Salt for 10 min or until done. Strain and keep it ready
- Roughly chop onions, ginger, garlic and tomatoes and saute them in little oil.
- First saute onion, ginger and garlic until onions turn pink and then add tomatoes and saute until it turns mushy
- Cool it and grind along with corriander leaves, green chilly, Curd and cashew.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan, splutter cumin seeds. Add the ground paste,Turmeric powder, Garam Masala and saute well until the oil seperates. Cook it in simmer. Be generous in using oil as the gravy has to get sauted well for good taste.
- At this stage add cooked Peas, Salt and crushed kasuri methi. Mix well and cook until the gravy and peas gets blended. Finally add in Milk and fresh cream.