How to make Raw Papaya Tikki recipe | Raw papaya kebab recipe with step by step pics and video recipe. A very simple and healthy Tikki/kebab/cutlet recipe with grated raw papaya and potatoes.
Raw papaya is well known for its nutritional value and one of the trusted eatables for diabetes. The usual recipes we make with raw papaya are raw papaya thoran, raw papaya curry for rice or simply add it in replacement to potatoes in any sabji for chapathi.
some of the popular raw papaya recipes where we do not even know if its raw papaya is
Raw Papaya Tikki recipe
Raw papaya tikki recipe
- 2 cups raw papaya – grated
- 1 cup boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1/8 tsp green chillies – chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 3+2 tbsp besan/gram flour
- 3-4 tsp ghee
- Mix all the ingredients from Raw papaya to 3 tbsp besan flour in a wide mixing bowl.
- mix to a sticky dough without adding water.
- rest it for another 10 minutes so that raw papaya leaves out some water.
- again add 2 tbsp besan flour and mix to a stiff dough.
- grease palms and make small balls out of the dough.
- flatten the balls with a ladle.
- cook on a medium hot tawa greasing with ghee all over.
- cook until golden brown. Turn sides and cook again in simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- serve hot with mint chutney and onions.
how to make Raw papaya kebab recipe
- Get all your ingredients ready for the making the dough. Take them all in a wide mixing bowl. We would need grated raw papaya, boiled and mashed potatoes, green chilies chopped, gram flour, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, chili powder, cumin powder, garam masala, and salt.
2. Mix well into a soft dough. Let the dough sit for a while so that raw papaya leaves out water.
3. After 10 minutes, add more gram flour to it and mix again to stiff dough.
4. The dough will be slightly sticky. But that doesn’t matter. grease your palms and start making small balls. Get all the balls ready.
5. Flatten it with help of a ladle and place it on a medium hot tawa. Grease with ghee all over.
6. Let the tikkis get cooked on medium flame until golden on one side. Flip sides and again cook in simmer for another 15 minutes.
7. Serve the Tikkis hot with green chutney and onions.