Black cardamom – 2
Cloves – 3
Black peppercorns – ½ teaspoon
Tomato – 2
Green chilli – 1
Ginger – ½ inch piece
Garlic – 2 cloves
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
Red chili powder – 2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
2. Roughly chop the items listed under “To grind into paste” and grind to a fine paste.
3. Heat oil in cooker, crackle cumin seeds.
4. Once fresh aroma arises, add in the onion tomato paste and saute it until it leaves out oil.
5. To this, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, corriander powder and freshly ground powder in step 1 and salt.
6. Mix well and saute until fresh smell of ground masala goes off.
7. Now add water and channa to the gravy and cook it upto 5 whistles.
8. Cool down and open it to find oil on top layer. ..crush kasoori methi and add to this.
9. garnish with freshly chopped shallots and Serve hot with chappathi/poori