Panakam recipe| sri rama navami recipes | Panagam with step by step photos and video recipe. festive summer cooler drink made with jaggery, cardamom, dry ginger and tulsi. as a variation pepper powder, nutmeg powder, edible camphor is added.
quick video of panakam:
panakam step by step instructions and recipe card:
- take jaggery in a bowl/vessel and add 2 cups water to it. add cardamom powder and dry ginger powder to it.
- furthermore, add edible camphor. while adding edible camphor crush it and add. next a pinch of salt is added. mix well.
- juice out of half a lemon is added and stir well.
- filter it into a clean vessel/jug
- add tulsi leaves and mix again.
- serve fresh or chilled. Panakam recipePrep Time5 minsTotal Time5 mins
Panakam recipeCourse: AppetizerCuisine: Cuisine of tamilnadu, South IndianServings: 4 glassesIngredients
- 1/2 cup jaggery
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp dry ginger powder
- 1 pinch edible camphor
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 large lemon
- 8-10 fresh tulsi leaves
mix all ingredients together in a bowl and stir well until jaggery dissolves and combines.
filter it to a jar and add tulsi leaves.
serve fresh or chilled.
pin for later: