Beetroot rice recipe |beet root rice recipe lunch box
Beetroot rice with walnuts – One of the healthy and tasty lunch box rice recipes for kids. beetroot rice recipe lunch box is given with step by step photos and video recipe.
Beetroots and walnuts are a great combination just like chicken and potatoes. Antioxidant-rich Walnuts combined with Beets which are rich in Iron content is the best food source to beat away anemia in children.
some of the rice recipes:
- Betel leaf and garlic rice
Beetroot rice recipe with walnuts
Quick video of Beet rice
Beetroot rice recipe
- 4-5 no small onions
- 2 no green chilli
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 large beetroot chopped
- 3-4 nos walnuts
To cook rice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 no bay leaf broken
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp sprouts optional
- 2 tbsp curd
- salt to taste
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 cup basmati rice soaked for 30 minutes
- Soak the basmati rice in water for 30 minutes.
- grind everything given under "to grind" section to a coarse paste
- Heat oil in a cooker and temper cumin seeds, bay leaf.
- Fry chopped onions until brown and add the prepared masala.
- further, saute the masala for a minute until raw smell leaves.
- When the masala is cooked, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, sprouts and curd.
- Mix well and cook for a minute. Add salt to taste and water required.
- When the water boils, drain and add the soaked rice. Mix well.
- Close and pressure cook for 1 whistle on high heat and then reduce the heat to low and cook further for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Open once the pressure settles down completely and fluff it up.
- Serve it hot or pack it along with raita.
Red rice / Beet rice recipe with step by step photos
Masala for the rice
Grind small onions, ginger, green chilli, beetroots, walnuts raw to a coarse paste without adding water. Keep it aside until use. Also soak the basmati rice in water for 30 minutes before use.
Beet Rice preparation:
Heat oil in a cooker and add bay leaves and cumin seeds. Fry the finely chopped onions until brown.
When the onions turn brown, add the prepared masala and fry for a minute.
To the fried masala, add turmeric powder and chilli powder
Further add coriander powder and sprouts (optional).
Lastly, add curd and mix well. fry for 30 seconds until well combined.
season with salt. measure water in the ratio (1:1.5) and add the water to the cooker. mix well.
When the water boils, drain the soaked rice and add it to the cooker.
Mix well and check the seasoning. Pressure cook for 1 whistle on medium heat and 10 minutes in simmer. Put off flame.
Open only after the pressure settles down completely. Fluff it up.
The rice tends to get dried up when it cools. So little bit of moisture in rice is good at this stage.
Serve the delicious Beetroot rice with Raita of your choice.
Walnuts are full of health benefit, fats, nutrition and protein. … need an entire ounce to get results; eating even a couple akhrot every day has been found to have health advantages.
Comments are closed.