Ghee Rasam with Bean Stock
Ghee Rasam with Bean Stock. Awwwww….and you know what finally am putting up a video post 😀 This is my first Video post in Jinooskitchen and on you tube. I find videos little bit interesting, quick and comfortable to understanding recipes than reading up the complete post. But anyways I will be putting up videos as well as pictorial directions in every post whichever is possible.
Talking about the Recipe, Ghee rasam with Bean stock, It is a traditional rasam recipe with Rajma bean stock. You can make this with any bean/pulses stock. It is tempered with ghee. Gives out so tempting flavor and when had with rice and potato fry..woww..I remember my school days when i go to my friends place often (who is a brahmin) , Her mom cooks this Rasam and potato fry for me as i like them so much. Since then am addicted to its flavor.
Check out Idichu Vecha Rasam recipe
Here is the Video for the recipe:
Ghee Rasam with Bean Stock Recipe:
Ghee Rasam with Bean stock
- ½ cup dal pressure cooked
- 1 cup rajma bean stock
- 2 large tomato chopped
- 1 no green chilli slit
- 2 nos red chilli
- 1 leaves spring curry
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ tsp cumin seeds crushed
- 1 tsp peppercorns crushed
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ cup light tamarind extract
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Small pinch fenugreek seeds
- ½ leaves spring curry
- 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- Pressure cook dal and crush garlic, cumin and peppercorns and keep them both ready.
- Mix in Stock, tomatoes, green chilli, red chilli, curry leaves, turmeric powder, Tamarind extract and let it boil in medium flame for 10 min.
- When it has reduced a little and tomatoes are softened, Add crushed garlic, cumin seeds and peppercorns. Mix well and let it boil for 2 more minutes
- Add cooked and mashed dal, salt, asafoetida and let it just come to boil, Do not let it boil at this stage. When it becomes frothy. switch off stove.
- Heat ghee in tadka, crackle mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek and curry leaves. Add this to the rasam. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves.
Thanks for taking time to read my recipes! 🙂 It would be great pleasure if you could drop a comment about your views. Post if you have tried recipes from Jinoo’sKitchen. Let us know how the dish turned out for you! Like, Share and spread a word if you like the recipes!