Kara Pori recipe – A simple, tasty snack that is made out of puffed rice. one of the common snacks had for tea in many south Indian house. Takes hardly a few minutes to prepare this dish and can be kept for weeks and almost a month or two fresh.
Store it in an airtight container for retaining its crunchiness. adding garlic adds a unique flavor. Apart from garlic, fried gram, peanuts are also added.
Kara pori recipe
How to make garlic pori
kara pori recipe
- 1 tsp oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp peanuts
- 2 tbsp fried gram
- 3 nos red chilly
- 2 sprig curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- salt to taste
- 3 cups puffed rice
- heat oil and fry the crushed garlic until slightly roasted
- add peanuts, fried gram, red chilli, and curry leaves. fry until its slightly roasted and curry leaves turn crisp.
- further add turmeric powder, chilli powder, asafoetida, salt and mix well. saute for another minute and put the flame low.
- add the puffed rice in and fry for another 2 minutes
- once cool, store in a container and serve when needed.
heat oil in a kadai and fry crushed garlic until slightly brown and further add peanuts, fried gram, curry leaves, red chillies and fry for a minute or two until it is roasted.
furthermore, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, asafoetida and salt to taste. mix well and fry for a minute.
Put the flame low and add the puffed rice. keep stirring until well combined and color of all the puffed rice changes to yellow evenly.
once cool, store it in an airtight container and serve for chai.