Egg Biryani recipe | How to make one-pot egg biryani
Egg biryani recipe – Basmati rice cooked with spices and fried onions and cooked with fried boiled eggs and nuts. This is a flavor-packed delicious rice recipe with eggs.
It has a touch of Kerala in it where raisins and ghee are added. While it is only optional, I recommend you to follow the recipe for best results. Boiled eggs are fried with spices and put on top of the rice. Generally, we don’t pressure cook the eggs. The rice pot is just closed with a lid while there is space for the air to circulate.
It is always the rice consistency and the right amount of spices contribute majorly to the best outcome of the biryani. If you have the fried onion stock ready, then this recipe is easy as a breeze. soaking the rice is a must for the softness of the grains as we cook very fast.
some of the other biryani recipes:
- chicken dum biryani
- pressure cooker veg biryani recipe
- veg dum biryani recipe
- easy mutton biryani recipe in a pressure cooker
- one pot mushroom biryani recipe
Egg Biryani video recipe
How to make one-pot egg biryani
Wash and soak the basmati rice in water for 30 minutes
Melt ghee in a pan and fry the cashews and raisins until roasted. take it out and keep it aside until use.
In the same pan, add sliced onions and salt for the onions. Fry the onions in medium heat until brown.
When the onions turn brown, take it out and set aside until use.
Prick holes all over the boiled eggs and again, in the same pan, fry it.
Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and start frying it until it turns slightly toasted all over.
Keep all the whole spices ready.
Add the whole spices to the pan along with tomatoes and fry for a minute.
Further, add ginger garlic paste and fry again for some more time until the raw smell leaves.
add little water, close and cook for few minutes until tomatoes are soft.
Take half of the fried onions along with chopped mint leaves, chopped coriander leaves, turmeric powder, and chilli powder.
Fry well until well combined and mushy. add water and salt. Water to be added is 1.50 i.e., for 1.25 cup rice, take 1.50 cups water. 0.25 cups extra water than the 1:1 measure since we are cooking it in a pot.
When the water starts boiling, drain and add the soaked rice, mix well and again let it come to a boil.
Place the fried eggs on top followed by leftover fried onions, coriander leaves, sprinkle garam masala on top of it.
Close and cook for 8 minutes low flame. put off the flame and do not open for another 5 minutes. open after 5 minutes and fluff it up.
serve the delicious egg biryani hot with raita.
Egg Biryani recipe
Egg biryani recipe
- 1.25 cups basmati rice
- 2 tsp ghee
- 1 tbsp cashews
- 2 tbsp cashews
- 4-5 large onions finely sliced.
- salt to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 no bay leaf
- 1 no kapok buds
- 1 no star anise
- 1/2 tsp stone flower
- 4 no cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 thin mace strand
- 3 pods cardamom
- Soak the basmati rice in water for 30 minutes.
- Melt ghee in a pan/pot and fry the cashews and raisins until roasted slightly. take out and keep it aside until use.
- in the same pan, fry onions with salt until they are golden brown. take it out and keep aside until use.
- Again in the same pan, add all the whole spices followed by tomatoes.
- fry for a minute and add ginger garlic paste. fry till the raw smell of ginger garlic paste leaves.
- sprinkle little water to the pan, close cook for few minutes until the tomatoes are soft.
- open and half of the fried onions, chopped coriander leaves, chopped mint leaves, chilli powder, turmeric powder, and salt.
- fry till they are all combined together. add 1.5 cups water to it. mix once
- let it boil. drain and add the soaked rice. mix once. let it come to a boil again.
- place the fried eggs on top and sprinkle leftover fried onions, coriander leaves.
- further, sprinkle garam masala all over. close and cook in simmer for 8 minutes.
- put off the flame and let it rest for another 5-10 minutes before you disturb it.
- open and fluff it up and serve hot with raita.
Hi.. thank you for the recipe. I don’t think I see the number of tomatoes you used. Can you please mention it.
Comments are closed.