Paneer sandwich recipe – one of the simple, filling and easy breakfast ideas of sandwich filled with crumbled paneer and bell peppers stuffings. Quick alternate breakfast option to the regular menus.
Kids friendly recipe with cheese, chopped bell peppers, crumbled paneer and few spices. It can also be packed for lunchboxes. I have cooked the sandwich in grill pan which can also be toasted in sandwich maker/dosa pan as per your wish.
We love the grill marks on the sandwich which is why we always prefer to cook it on a grill pan than on normal pan.
Some of the simple south Indian breakfast ideas are here,
Paneer sandwich video recipe
Paneer sandwich recipe
- 1 tsp oil
- 3 tbsp onion finely chopped
- 1 no green chilli finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bell peppers finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp pav bhaji masala
- 100 gms paneer crumbled
- 1 pinch mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- cheese slices as needed
- bread slices as needed
- Heat oil in a pan and saute onions and green chillies for a minute.
- further add chopped bell peppers, salt and fry for a minute.
- Furthermore, add crumbled paneer, turmeric powder, chilli powder, herbs, pav bhaji masala and mix well. cook for a minute or two.
- place a slice of bread on the counter, place a cheese slice on top and spoon the mixture over the cheese layer. cover it with another slice of bread.
- Grill cook on tawa /sandwich maker with butter. press gently and cook on both sides until golden. serve hot.
How to make paneer sandwich
1.firstly, heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions and chopped green chillies. fry it for half a minute just until it turns soft.
further, add chopped bell peppers (red/green/yellow), salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder, pav bhaji masala and mix well. fry for a minute.
Furthermore, add crumbled paneer and mixed herbs.
additionally chopped coriander leaves are added and mixed well. cook the mixture for a minute or two.
Take a slice of wheat bread, place a slice of cheese and fill it with paneer stuffing. cover it with another slice of bread.
Melt butter in a pan and place the sandwich on it. Press gently all over for few seconds and turn side.
Cook the other side for another few seconds. take it out, slice and serve.