Pressure cooker Veg biryani recipe | Vegetable biryani recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. a simple, easy recipe that does not need any grinding as such and can be the best healthy option for lunchbox.
Even though there are many biryani recipes, this one is my favorite for its simple and subtle taste it holds. The final taste, however, is based on the quality of spices used and the rice variety. Basmati has got grains that are long and slender and easily becomes fluffy on cooking.
You can also use a dash of saffron which enhances its look and flavor. Here are some of the other veg biryanis and rice recipes that might interest you.
- Banana flower Biryani
Pressure cooker Veg biryani recipe
Veg biryani recipe
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 long bay leaf broken
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 5 no cloves
- 3 no cardamom
- 1 no black cardamom
- 1 tsp shahi jeera
- 1 tbsp curd
- 2 nos onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 no carrot finely chopped
- 5-6 no beans finely chopped
- 2 no green chilli slit
- 1 medium potato finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp green peas
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Biryani masala
- 1/8 cup curd
- 1.25 cups water
- 1 handful coriander and mint leaves chopped
- 1/8 tsp rose water
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Soak the basmati rice in water for 15 minutes or before you start cooking the dish.
- heat oil+ ghee in a cooker and add in all the whole spices from bay leaf to shahi jeera and add curd to it.
- stir it quickly and add sliced onions immediately. Fry till transparent and add ginger garlic paste to fry till brown.
- Further, add all the vegetables along with salt and fry for a minute or two until slightly roasted.
- goes in all the spice powders: turmeric, chilli, coriander powder, and biryani masala. Mix well and fry for a minute.
- To the vegetable curry, add curd and mix well.
- Measure 1.25 cups water and add it to the cooker.
- Mix well and further adjust salt, add coriander+ mint leaves and also the drained rice.
- mix once and lastly top with a tbsp of ghee.
- close and pressure cook in simmer for 10 minutes. put off the flame. open only after 15 minutes.
- fluff the rice and serve hot with raita.
Vegetable biryani recipe in a pressure cooker
1. Firstly, before starting to cook, wash and soak the basmati rice in water for 15 minutes/ until use.
2. In a pressure cooker, add oil and ghee followed by all the whole spices: bay leaf, cinnamon, green cardamom, cloves, black cardamom and shahi jeera.
3. Add a tbsp of curd and quickly stir it in the hot oil.
4. Further to this, add thinly sliced onions and fry until transparent.
5. Goes in ginger garlic paste. Fry till onions are brown and raw smell of ginger garlic paste is gone.
6. Furthermore, add chopped carrots, chopped beans, slit green chilli, chopped potatoes, cauliflower florets.
7. Season with salt and mix well. Importantly, fry the vegetables for at least 1-2 minutes.
8. Sprinkle all the spice powders: turmeric powder, chilli powder, biryani masala along with green peas and 2-3 tbsp of water. Mix well and fry for a minute.
9. Next, add curd and mix once again.
10. Add 1.25 cups of water to the cooker. It is 1.25 for 1 cup rice. It is usually 1:1 but since we use a lot of vegetables, it is 1:1.25.
11. adjust salt if needed and add finely chopped coriander and mint leaves. Do not add too much of mint/coriander unlike the non veg biryani.
12. Drain the soaked rice and add it to the cooker. lastly, add rose water.
13. Mix everything together and top it with a tbsp of ghee.
14. Pressure cook in simmer for 10 minutes. Put off flame and open ONLY after 15 minutes. rice will be perfectly done.
15. Serve the delicious veg biryani along with creamy raita.