Kolhapuri Veg Tambda rassa recipe – Tambda rassa is famous dish of Maharashtra. Tambda meaning Bright red and Rassa meaning curry.
This recipe is a veg version of kohlapuri tambda rassa using the kolhapuri masala spice mixKolhapuri Masala spice mix recipe
Kolhapuri Veg Tambda rassa recipe – pictorial directions:
- I have added 1/2 cup of kolhapuri masala in total and my spice mix is only mildly spiced. In case you want more spicy curry, add chilli powder and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- I have used cauliflower, broccoli, potatoes and capsicum in this curry. Choice of vegetables is per your likings
- It is a semi dry gravy and will suit for chapathis and rice as well.
- You can also pressure cook instead of closing and cooking. Cook it up to 3 whistles.
- Don’t let the vegetables become mushy. slightly crunchy vegetables are added taste to the kolhapuri curry.
- Some recipes even add ground coconut to this to make it a more to a gravy consistency.
Kolhapuri Veg Tambda rassa recipe
kolhapuri veg tambda rassa recipe
- 1/4 cup kolhapuri masala spice mix
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 no bay leaf
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2-3 cups vegetables of your choice
- salt to taste
- heat oil, saute bay leaf and onions until pink
- add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell rushes off
- add tomatoes and cook until mushy
- put in the 1/2 of the kolhapuri masala spice mix and let it fry in simmer until oil leaves out
- add vegetables, salt and enough water. Mix well, close and cook until vegetables are done.
- open and add remaining spice mix and let it come to a boil. add water if necessary
- serve hot with chapathi.