Bread halwa recipe, How to make bread halwa
Bread halwa recipe – an easy, simple dessert recipe with leftover slices of bread, mawa, and milk. A delicious, rich sweet recipe that can be fixed up in minutes. You can make this and store it in the refrigerator. serve it chilled when needed.
Other variations of the bread halwa:
- you can skip mawa/khoya if you do not have it. Mixed seeds are also optional to add, you can use just roasted cashews.
- If you do not want to add milk, you can also cook the halwa entirely in sugar syrup. In that case, fry and soak the bread pieces in warm water until needed.
- Do not brown the bread pieces too much as it may alter the color and taste of the halwa.
some of the dessert recipes:
Bread halwa – video recipe
Bread halwa recipe
bread halwa recipe
- 4 slices bread
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 2 tbsp cashews broken
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp saffron
- 1/4 cup khoya
- 1/4+1/8 cup khoya
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp mixed seeds cucumber, flax and melon seeds
- 1/2 tsp ghee
- Cut the bread slices to 4 and keep it ready.
- heat 1/4 cup ghee in a pan and deep fry the cashews until golden brown. take it out and keep it aside until use.
- In the same pan, add the bread slices and toast it on both sides until slightly brown.
- keep it aside.
- boil milk with saffron and when it boils, add khoya and stir until it dissolves.
- when the khoya is dissolved, switch off and add the fried bread pieces into it and let it soak until use.
- Melt sugar with 1/4 cup water.
- let it boil and start reducing.
- further to the sugar syrup, add the soaked bread pieces and mix well.
- furthermore, add mixed seeds and let ti cook until it starts to thicken.
- when the halwa starts to thicken, add ghee and mix well until it combines and comes together non sticky.
- stir in the fried cashews and mix well.
- When it reaches the halwa consistency, stop and serve it warm or chilled as per your preference.
How to make wedding style bread halwa
To make this bread halwa, firstly, fry cashews in ghee. Melt ghee in a nonstick pan and fry the cashews until golden brown in color. fry it in medium heat. Take out the cashews and keep it aside until use.
Take 4 slices of bread and cut the bread to 4 pieces each. In the same pan with the leftover ghee, toast the bread pieces. You can also deep fry in oil or shallow fry in ghee. toast until golden on both sides. Take care not to brown the bread too much as it will change the color and taste of the halwa.
Boil milk with saffron threads. Let it comes to a boil.
When it comes to a boil, put the flame low and immediately add khoya/mawa and mix it well to dissolve it completely without any lumps. When the khoya is dissolved completely, put off the stove and add the fried bread pieces into it and let it soak until needed.
In another pan, melt sugar with water and let it boil and start to reduce.
To this sugar syrup, add the soaked bread pieces with milk and mix well. add mixed seeds (melon/cucumber seeds). Let it boil and reduce.
When the halwa starts to thicken, add ghee and stir to avoid sticking to the bottom and sides.
Stir until the water is completely gone and it combines together. At this stage, add roasted cashews.
Mix well and cook to form a single combined halwa consistency. If you find it sticky, add more ghee if needed. Since am using a nonstick pan, less ghee was sufficient.
serve it topped with seeds. serve warm or chilled.